If you're anything like me, you love two things:
1. Starbucks (just coffee in general, honestly)
I started drinking coffee back in college when I was first introduced to the magical Frappuccino. Which, if you're living under a rock, is this amazingly delicious, sugar-filled, blended iced coffee created by Starbucks.
Since then, I've evolved and find myself drinking better coffee - sometimes with a dash of almond milk & Stevia, and sometimes *gasp* black.
But if you're in the mood for something sweet, chocolately and refreshing that'll wake ya right up (aka always), you'll love this DIY Chocolate Protein Frappuccino!
Make-At-Home Chocolate Protein Frappuccino
Honestly, I could go to Starbucks every day (and I used to until I started #adulting and made a budget). I still go a few times per week because I love the work environment there, but more often than not I make my coffee at home.
Why choose to make your coffee at home?
1. It takes more time to sit though the Starbucks drive through than it does to make your own.
2. It's WAY cheaper to make it at home. (Think about it: it's easy to spend $5 per order at Starbucks. So let's say you go Monday - Friday... that's $35/week... $140 per month! That's a new pair of LuluLemons! A new puppy! Half of a plane ticket! SAVINGS! (ok not as fun but equally important) HOLY COW!)
3. There is SO. MUCH. SUGAR. in a real Starbucks frappuccino (easily more than a whole day's worth).
Without further ado, here's how to make this low-sugar, protein-packed, Paleo (if you don't use whey protein), budget-friendly Chocolate Protein Frappuccino!
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder of choice (I use Bone Broth protein)
- Brewed coffee (cold works, but make sure it's strong)
- Unsweetened almond/cashew milk
- Packet of Stevia or Truvia
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of cacao powder (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
It's literally that easy.
I love making this in the morning after my workouts, or as an afternoon pick-me-up. Try it and let me know what you think!
Receive recipes like this one, plus fitness and motivation, straight to your inbox! Just enter your name & email address below.